Tuesday 16 January 2018

Birthday Wishes Just for You

Morning all.
We're back at Cardz4Guyz with a brand new challenge to start the new year. 

JANUARY BLUES

Here is my card using embossed resist technique and a couple of die cut deer.

I saw this card over at Less is More over a year ago and loved the effect she got with the technique so I have been wanting to try it out for myself.
I started by stamping in Versamark and embossing in white, the branches from a Penny Black stamp, Joy to All, around the edge of a panel of white card. I then added some DI in Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch with a sponge, adding some more of the branches in the same colours. I die cut the IO deer from a scrap of black card and added the sentiment in black also. I trimmed down the inked panel and then mounted it on a 5 x 7 base card.

That's about it from me. Please check out the rest of the team here and why not join in, you have up until 29th January to enter.

Joining in over at:-

Anything Goes


Please grab our logo       Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
Cold and Frosty Colours                        Something new 
                                                            (die, foliage and sentiment stamps)

As You Like It Challenge
Anything Goes
I've been wanting to try this technique out for awhile so as I needed a card for a up coming birthday it was the perfect excuse.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love the effect with the branches in different shades. Lovely font on the sentiment too :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful Julie. Might have a go at that myself. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! your card is just stunning! A dreamy winter birthday card! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!! LOVE the effect of the emboss resist background Jules. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pinning this one Julie...I love it so much that I reckon I could have a jolly good go at CASEing it...watch this space!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card, Julie! I love the effect you have gotten. Makes me feel a bit cold (in a warm way) just looking at it. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful wintercard! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! what a fabulous technique and i love the silhouette deer. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card for our Frosty Colours theme at Stamping Sensations! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)